I am co-founder and Executive Director of CARDET (Center for the Advancement of Research and Development in Educational Technology), a Non-Governmental (NGO) non-profit research and development center based in Cyprus with partners around the world. I am also an Professor of Learning Technologies & Innovation at the University of Nicosia.
I am editor-in-chief of Educational Media International (EMI), a scholarly referred journal published by Taylor and Francis and ICEM. EMI provides a forum for the exchange of information and ideas on new developments in educational media. Contributions are drawn from academics, educators and media professionals whose ideas and experiences come from a number of countries and contexts. Priority is given to papers that reveal novel concepts of broad interest to the educational media community. The journal places a strong emphasis on educational media production, distribution, and use, and interdisciplinary research that reflects the diversity of the educational technology profession. We also publish articles and seek to stimulate research in emerging educational media areas, such as those created by globalization, technology developments, public policy shifts, future trends and innovation. Some of my recent presentation work is here:
- The keynote speech I gave at the Networked Learning 2008 conference on Social Networking for Social Justice, is available here.
- Here is the speech i gave for the Library 2.0 conference in Cyprus June 12, 2009.
- AERA 2008 presentation with Gene Glass
- Participation at the Innovative Education Forum 2010
- Press Conference on Cypriot Students’ Perceptions of Immigrants June 30, 2010
Select a link from the menu to find out more about my research, teaching, and development work. If you are really bored and want to read a brief story of my life, click here. Click on the Publications link to access full-text articles I have written.