CARDET, in cooperation with Innovade LI Ltd., held a Press Conferencon June 29, 2010 , where the results of three research projects under the Solidarity Funds were presented. The event took place at the House of the European Union between 10:00am – 12:00pm.
The main speakers of the event were:
- Dr Charalambos Vrasidas, Executive Director, CARDET
- Androulla Kaminara, Head of the European Commission Representation in Cyprus
- Tasos Georgiou, Head of the European Parliament Office in Cyprus
- Makis Polydorou, Acting Head of the Asylum Service, Ministry of Interior
- Christina Hadjioikonomou, Department of Registry & Migration, Ministry of Interior
- Dr Michalinos Zembylas, Assistant Professor, Open University of Cyprus
- Stalo Lesta, Research Associate at CARDET
During the event, the audience was given a brief overview of the three research projects completed by CARDET and Innovade:
- Research with regards to the needs of asylum seekers and beneficiaries of international protection and whether those are covered by existing programs/ projects. Identification of Best Practices
- Development Of Indicators and Methods for the Evaluation of Measures of Integration
- Research on Cypriot Students’ Perceptions with Regards to Immigrants
Additionally, the results of the project “Cypriot Students’ Perceptions with Regards to Immigrants” were presented. An open discussion was held after the presentation of the results. The results of the other two projects will be disseminated by the relevant authorities after further review of the final reports.